- breech birth
- noundelivery of an infant whose feet or buttocks appear first
* * *breech birth or breech delivery nounOne in which the buttocks, and sometimes also the feet, of the baby come first• • •Main Entry: ↑breech
* * *breech birth UK [ˈbriːtʃ ˌbɜː(r)θ] US [ˈbritʃ ˌbɜrθ] noun [countable] [singular breech birth plural breech births]a birth in which the baby’s head does not come out firstThesaurus: pregnancy and having a babyhyponymVariant: breech delivery
* * *(also breech delivery) n. a delivery of a baby so positioned in the uterus that the buttocks or feet are delivered first
* * */ˈbriːʧ-/ noun, pl ⋯ births [count]: a birth in which a baby is born with the feet or buttocks coming out of the mother first instead of the head — called also breech delivery
* * *a birth in which the baby's bottom or feet come out of the mother first
Useful english dictionary. 2012.